Situated down a narrow country road, this beautiful covered bridge spans the waters of the Marsh Creek in Gettysburg. Sachs Covered Bridge was originally built before the Civil War in 1854, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. A flash flood in 1996 significantly damaged the bridge and washed it from one of its abutments. Now closed to vehicular traffic, this 100-foot bridge is one of less than 900 covered bridges (of more than 10,000) left in the United States.
Used by troops during the Civil War, there are rumors of ghosts haunting the bridge.